This blog post features a recording of a webinar, helpful how-to videos, FAQ articles, blog posts, and more to help you make the most of CommonLit.org.
Thank you for registering for CommonLit’s Digital Instruction webinar for NYC Educators.
In this webinar, our team introduces you to CommonLit and the many features we have to support remote learning — including our Professional Development Portal.
You will learn how to create an account, navigate our library of lessons, create a class, add students and co-teachers to your class, assign a lesson digitally, grade a lesson, and analyze data. You will also see CommonLit from a student’s perspective and learn how to use our various digital tools!
Digital Instruction Webinar for NYC Educators Recording:
Our team has created this resource bank filled with FAQ articles, blog posts, and videos to help you make the most of CommonLit.org. All of the most important links we shared during the webinar are featured in this post!
Getting Started With CommonLit as a Teacher
- Getting Started with CommonLit Guide for Teachers
- Video: Virtual Instruction with CommonLit Webinar (45 minutes)
- Video: Become A CommonLit Digital Pro (3 minutes)
- Video: Everything you need to know about CommonLit in less than 10 minutes (10 minutes)
Getting Started With CommonLit as a Family
- Getting Started with CommonLit Guide for Students
- Getting Started with CommonLit Guide for Parents
- Video for students: Getting Started with CommonLit
CommonLit Digital Class Set-Up and Assignments
- How to set up classes on CommonLit (Manual with Class Code, Google Classroom, or Clever)
- How to add a co-teacher to your CommonLit class
- How to create a CommonLit assignment
- How to customize a lesson on CommonLit
- How to manage and post an assignment with Google Classroom
- How to share an assignment to Canvas, Schoology, or another LMS
CommonLit’s Free Reading Program: Our library and digital tools
- CommonLit and Remote Learning
- How to differentiate a CommonLit assignment to support all learners
- 3 Ways to Effectively Use CommonLit’s Annotation Tool with Students
- Video: Browsing the CommonLit Library
- Video: CommonLit’s Annotation Tool
Grading and Viewing Student Data on CommonLit
- How to grade students’ short-answer responses on CommonLit
- How to track student performance over time
- How to view individual student performance reports
- Video: Grading and Releasing Scores on CommonLit
- Video: Analyzing Data on CommonLit
Keep in touch with CommonLit
To stay up to date on all of our new features, gain insight on all of our tools, and see videos about our digital program visit the following pages:
- CommonLit’s Newsletter: Subscribe to CommonLit’s newsletter by visiting this page and scrolling down to “GET UPDATES FROM COMMONLIT”.
- CommonLit’s Blog
- CommonLit’s FAQ site
- CommonLit’s Youtube Channel
- CommonLit’s Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
Not seeing what you are looking for? Please visit our FAQ Page and see if we have a support article for you. If not, please feel free to email email@example.com (teachers) or firstname.lastname@example.org! We are here for you.